My Love Affair with Handbags...

started with my Mom. She held the coordinating shoes and handbag rule as one to never be broken. She made sure that my Easter dress, bonnet, patent leather Red Goose shoes, and patent leather handbag were a coordinated ensemble.

Red Goose Shoes (Not all Red Goose shoes were red. Mine were always white or black.)

I enthusiastically adopted my mother's philosophy when in high school. My Christmas wish when in the ninth grade was for a brown leather John Romaine, single strap satchel bag. That bag was followed by a Aigner fish basket shaped bag with leather straps. I actually found the exact bag on a vintage bag website. Now I wish I had kept it!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/99936849/vintage-aigner-woven-nantucket-fishing?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_includes%5B%5D=tags&ga_search_query=fishing+basket+purse&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery



Comments

  1. aww, cute shoes!
    I remember having black shiny shoes like that when I was really little- didn't I?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections from this past week...

Aging gracefully...not so much!

Turning 55