Starting From Where You Are

I finished reading Achieving Your Life Mission for the 2nd time. I'm going to read it again. The entire book is inspirational but here are a few things that stood out in my mind...

1.  Everything will conspire against you as you seek to discover and complete your mission on earth.  What would happen if your failed? And more importantly, what would happen if you succeed?

2.  Start from where you are. The past is, well past.

3.  Our mission speaks to us persistently. The dream, the wish, the burning desire to pursue a path is our mission.  I know that I have family history to continue to put into the new.familysearch.org, but it occurred to me that helping my Dad retype his 2nd set of stories for his memoirs is the most important part of family history that I could be working on.

4.  I've wanted to write a book for the longest time.  Settling down on a single project to pursue has been the hardest thing.

5.  I'm going to write about Joy.  In fact, I've already started, back in 2008.  I'm going to create a book of poetry and photographs about Joy.

As in all OVERWHELMING tasks, you start from where you are. The seed of an idea, an exercise of faith, until it beginneth to growth, until your faith is perfect in that thing, and then you move on to the next OVERWHELMING task.

OK, I've said it out loud (actually written it out loud). That makes it a real goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections from this past week...

Aging gracefully...not so much!

Turning 55