Reflections from this past week...

1. Never skip church, unless you are sick. Sick at heart doesn't count! Taking the sacrament is THE most important thing you do all week.
2. Never take home a stack of lab notebooks to grade (150 notebooks). Doing this will make you sick at heart. See rule #1.
3. People that berate you, not real constructive criticism, are trying to make you sick at heart. See rule #1.
4. Taking the sacrament arms you with the armor of God that deflects the arrows that make you sick at heart.

Changing the Subject...
1. My family is the greatest gift I've ever received from God. In the past two weeks we've received visits from Jimmy, Bradie, Ellie, Johnny, Miles & Ashlyn. I've heard from David via Facebook. David & Ann went to the temple this week.
2. Cooking in the kitchen with my husband after church was the most fun I've had all week. I thank God for such sweet time with my companion. Then we took a nap. I scooted over and rested against his arm.

The trick to being happy is to REMEMBER what makes you happy and hold it close to you while letting EVERYTHING ELSE GO.

Comments

  1. those are very, very good rules and observations.

    i think you're right about the trick to being happy. that's why i always try to write the very best stuff on my blog and nothing negative, that way i can look back and remember the happy parts (and somehow, i hardly remember the bad things).

    we'll come play again soon! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I am excited that you have a blog! I know you are right about the sacrament, just need to think of that much more seriously, and reverently.
    Wished I could have been a fly on the wall in your kitchen after church! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 55

Aging gracefully...not so much!