Working Out...Finding my Inner Jock

There was a time when I could bicycle for miles, hike the Appalachians, scale vertical cliffs, and swim several miles each week in the college pool. I know that person was me. What happened to her?????? I'm not going to make excuses...life happened!  Anyways, I get a glimpse of her during spinning class. The guy next to me said, "Way to go, I was trying to keep up with you."  I was surprised by his comment. I said thanks & that I really love spinning class. I just get into some zone & pedal as fast/hard as I can back to a time when I weighed 114 pounds. Even if I weighed 114 pounds now, I would still have gray hair, and wrinkles around the eyes.  I suppose I would be a very fit grandmother.  That would be a very good thing. I think that youth is wasted on young people. They don't appreciate it! Oh well, the girl is still in here somewhere, spinning to get out...

Comments

  1. SO BEAUTIFUL-now & then!! I love you mommer, and I'd like to think I appreciate my youth- but well, I don't go to spinning and feel super limited in what I can do right now :( I wish I was as pretty now as you were then, but I've still got your jeans so I'm crossing my fingers I age 1/2 as gracefully as you have!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections from this past week...

Turning 55

Aging gracefully...not so much!