Events of the Day: 4.4 mile Walk, Miles' Birthday, Ellie Laughed, Family History, Grass Cut, Pool Dip





This entry may be boring, (sorry in advance) but this is how I plan to journal. I don't want to forget how good my days are. I don't know if you know who Virginia Cazier is, but she is the finest example of an optimist that I've ever met. She could take a freaking disaster and put a positive spin on it. That used to drive me crazy!!! Anyway, I've realized that this is a godlike quality. It's occurred to me that I need to write Virginia a thank you note. She's made a difference in my life. Here's to Virginia Cazier!

Today has been a great day. John & I went to Mulberry Creek Park. I walked around the lake twice which totals 4.4 miles. I was drenched in sweat but it felt good in spite of the heat. I took some pictures of the flora around the park. There were mushroom communities in one part of the park. The mushrooms look like thatched huts where fairies might live.

Miles' 25th birthday is today. He, Ashlyn, Jimmy, Bradie, Ellie & Johnny celebrated his birthday. Ashlyn made a cute cake in the shape of an owl. Never in a million, perhaps billion years, could I make a cake in the shape of an owl. In fact, I'm cake making impaired. I've made cakes that looked like mudslides. They taste good, but they look quite humble. So back to Miles' birthday. He's working out a good life for himself. I'm pleased with the man that he is. Here's to Miles Fowler, many happy returns!!!

Ellie laughed today for the 1st time & I got to hear it. It was a belly laugh. She is such a sweet girl. That laugh really was one of the highlights of my day. I look forward to being part of her life. What an amazing blessing that grandparenthood is. She is a happy girl and blessed with wonderful parents.

Ashlyn & Bradie added some details to the family history tonight. After typing in 2 generations, the names in the family history exploded onto the page. I love the new.familysearch.org. We will keep it updated. People sometimes focus only on the past, forgetting that the connections in the present are just as important.

John cut the front yard & I cut the back. I'm grateful that I am physically able to cut grass. I've reached an age in which many of my friends are having serious health issues. I REALLY am profoundly grateful that I can cut grass. Does this sound like Virginia? I hope so!!! I hope to be able to cut grass until I'm 70+ years old. The heat & humidity were brutal. Enough said.

After cutting the grass we changed into our bathing suits & walked to the pool for a dip. That was a wonderful way to end the day!!!

Comments

  1. it was a great day! i can't wait to hear her laugh again. i've been trying all day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections from this past week...

Aging gracefully...not so much!

Turning 55