From here to eternity...

When Lauren was born, I had the distinct impression that she was as much my sister, as she was my daughter. I was simply walking along the road of life just slightly ahead of her. My role would be to teach, to love, and to provide encouragement to her as she made her way through mortality.

I had the honor and privilege of taking my daughter, Lauren Ann, to the South Carolina Temple in April. This was a required step prior to her marriage to David in the Washington D.C. Temple. Everyone wears white in the temple. The clothing is elegantly simple because the temple is a quite place of contemplation and instruction. There is no indication of wealth or status in a temple. The simplicity of the clothing is an acknowledgement that all people are equal in the sight of God.

I was able to make Lauren Ann's temple dress. It is a plain white satin dress with a beautiful draping neckline. She will be lovely in this dress. I wrapped the precious dress in tissue paper and beautiful white and golden wrapping paper and placed it in the mail today, hence the title of my blog.

So here is my beautiful daughter Ann from here...









to eternity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections from this past week...

Aging gracefully...not so much!

Turning 55