Me, at 54: Aging Doesn't Have to Suck!!!

No makeup, no contacts & on antibiotics...Not too horrible???
One of my favorite "go to" books is "How Not to Look Old". I also recently read "Younger Next Year, for Women". I joined a gym in an effort to lose weight, & gain stamina. I've accomplished both of these goals, but I have  more weight to lose.

I won't lie, the wrinkles around my eyes bother me. If my budget permitted, I'd be looking for a "Lifestyle Lift". Since that's not an option I've been working on things that I can do something about. My weight goal is 125 pounds. I'll stop before that if I begin to look sunken in, or like a saggy-baggy elephant. I've also made a concerted effort to improve my wardrobe. NO MORE FRUMPY clothes. My son James asked me one day if all teachers shop at the same store. He was telling me, in his own artful way, that I was looking frumpy. "How Not to Look Old" is one of the best wardrobe books for women of a certain age that I've ever read. It covers hair, makeup, hem lengths, jeans, wrinkles, lipstick, accessories & much more.

I'll take another photo when I feel better. Life at 54 is great. I'm happy! I'm growing! I'm learning! I'm vital! I have the love of my wonderful family! Life is good...

"How Not to Look Old", by Charla Krupp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections from this past week...

Aging gracefully...not so much!

Turning 55